THOUGHTS DISPLAYED BY ACTION

THIS HEAVINESS I FEEL INSIDE, ONLY TO YOU I CAN CONFIDE. LORD I NEED A TOUCH FROM YOU, N 2 ME C....---ANGIE CLEVELAND

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Way I Love....

What is love really?.. I mean it's so easy to say but so hard (to some) to show.....When I love I love hard.....I don't know I guess it's the woman I grew to be after seeing and experiencing what love was NOT....some may say that I am very picky when it comes to being with someone..but I have been through too much mess when it comes to relationships..the next time..will be the right time..the right one..the right everything....but anyway....this is a poem i wrote a few years ago....enjoy

Mostly You

Thinking about the first time I saw you
how wonderful you were in my eyes.
How you could say nothing wrong
do anything that I would despise.

How many times can I really say
that you are an ideal man for a woman like me?
How you make my whole world collide
and almost cease to be..

real in my eyes no matter how hard
I try I can't deny
the fact that the sun in the sky
can't even come close to the light
you instilled in my soul.

How could I even think of comparing anyone to you?
Even if the stars shift or the earth moved
there is no one that touches my heart
and my mind the way that you do.

Making me say things I wouldn't normally say,
looking forward to talking to you every single day.
How could I not want you
in my life in every possible way?

To think of everything that
I went through in my life.
All of the pain and suffering,
tribulations and strife.

But then you came along and made
everything brand new.
How I let you in my heart,
I haven't the slightest clue.

Every inch of my soul yearns for you,
The passion is almost like a mirage,
it is there but seems untrue.

Waiting, anticipating, and
acknowledging the day that you will become
the other part of my being.
The part that accepts and loves the God that
flows from my body, mind, and spirit.

The joy I will have being in your presence.
Feeling the powers of your touch,
the control of your essence.

Forever and always I'll be true.
Can't wait to spend eternity with you.
Completely intertwined with destiny
you'll be there for me,
and I'll be there for you.

I'll love you like you want to be loved,
if It's the last thing I'll do....

© 2003 Jomekiya . All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Meek,

Keep expressin yourself. Keep the posts coming. We will all be blessed by them.

terri said...

Hey Meeka, this reminded me of the Song of Solomon. Very nice.

christianne said...

Hi Meeka --

I accidentally posted a comment here and on your previous post under Kirsten's name because I was logged into her account on my computer. (We're doing some stuff with a video upload on her blog, which required my help.)

Anyway, sorry for posting and then deleting that comment. Here's what I intended to say myself, under my own name:

---

meeka, i love this poem! it's so big and expressive. it says so much about your own heart's capacity to love and how you feel about this specific person in your life. i'm so glad you found someone to love like this. sounds like this person is worth taking up residence in your heart.

kirsten said...

meeka,
this is such a beautiful poem: beautiful & so, so expressive. it's amazing to find someone to draw this love & beauty & poetry out of you.
i'm with nate: keep expressing your beautiful self. we're here to stay!

peace,
-k

Perception said...

thanks u guys...yea this was written a while ago..not about anyone in particular..i just wrote it...one of many..but I'm glad you guys liked it...

blessings yall!! (the SC in me..lol)

terri said...

Hey Meeka...you posted a profile pic. I love it when I get a face to go with the name and the heart. Thanks for putting that out there sister.

Perception said...

yeah..Nathan made me do it..can you believe..out of all people..NATHAN..lol...